Friday, July 20, 2007

None of the above takes the lead

I've been saying for months now that none of the current front runner Republicans can either win the nomination or the general. Now that is coming to fruition. More Republican voters support none of the above than any candidate since Giuliani has fallen (as predicted) to 21% support. 25% support goes to none of the above. I would like to take this moment to reiterate why, in fact, the Republican party cannot nominate anyone, and if they somehow manage to accomplish what should be a routine feat for a national party, that person will get destroyed in the general.

Giuliani, pro-gay, pro-choice, 3 divorces, transvestite. Oh, as for the general, lets throw in total scum bag linked to corruption, felons and racial division and suddenly he's looking like the disgrace that he is.

Romney, what has he flipped on this week (I refuse to use the Republican flip-flop, it sounds stupid)? His position changes very, very, conspicuously with that of his constituents. At this point one has to wonder if he even remembers where he stands. Oh, and hes a Mormon who thinks that L.Ron Hubbard wrote a good book HA, even Scientologists don't believe that. Good way to distance yourself from the Republican primary voters' views that Church of Latter Day Saints is a cult (not one that I share but still POOR politics).

Thompson, you mean Mr. the federal government shouldn't take part in the abortion debate? Yeah, good luck winning the nomination with that stance. Tack on his boredom with campaigning, fund raising, support of campaign finance reform, and lack of a strong stance on anything else and hes in trouble.

McCain, at this point do I need to rehash his flaws? Why not, Ill be brief, hes no longer a maverick or independent so moderates hate the betrayal and no matter how much he sucks up to the right they'll never trust him. Basically, he alienated everyone but that 12% who haven't noticed yet.

I won't bother with the rest b\c I wouldn't expect, say, Gravel to draw criticism from Republicans. If he did I certainly wouldn't care. Of course, at this point, a plurality of Republicans doesn't care about any of the above either. Hello united government, Democrats, Democrats and more Democrats.

Madison

No comments: