Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Two more worst and one more best of the draft

I will end my draft blogging after I blast 2 more teams and give praise to 1 more. Jacksonville and Chicago receive renewed scorn and Baltimore praise.

What was Jacksonville thinking giving away the house for 2 DEs in Quentin Groves and Derrick Harvey? 7 picks in total were traded to get these 2 guys. Its not like they are the best 2 DEs to come out of college, or that the only issue the Jags had this year was DE, but they basically only addressed that issue b\c they gave up everything else. Come on guys, a whole drafts worth of picks for these 2. They could have picked up Jason Taylor for JUST their 1st round pick, instead they packaged it with THREE other picks to get Harvey. Apparently Miami thinks Harvey is better than Taylor by a total of 3 midround picks. I beg to differ.

Chicago passes on QBs in their entirety. HUH? They have Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton. Grossman is the MVP of whomever he plays against (just ask the Colts about their Super Bowl rings) and Orton is a non-factor. I realize this wasn't a QB laden draft but ANYTHING is better than those 2 jokers.

Baltimore fleeced the Jags big time and still managed to get Flacco. They lost Ryan and managed to snag 3 picks from the Jags to move down, only to trade 1 pick (I think) to move back up and get Flacco at 18. Thats a net plus 2 picks to get the guy you probably would've picked at 8. Well played indeed.

2 comments:

Hamilton said...

Oh Chicago, I'm surprised they pass on a QB every year. Next year won't provide any better prospects at that position than this one.

So the question is, will the Bears take Tim Tebow or has there fan base been scorched enough by 1st round-pick QBs from Florida?

Who are we kidding, they'll probably take no one.

Anonymous said...

http://webhealthcentre.in/cat-health/immigrant-children-mental-health-service-stats
[url=http://webhealthcentre.in/altace/altace-dosing]heavy metals medicine from russia[/url] cvs pharmacy lemon grove [url=http://webhealthcentre.in/topamax/topamax-and-addiction]topamax and addiction[/url]
can viagra be taken with ranitidine http://webhealthcentre.in/prinivil/linosipril-prinivil
[url=http://webhealthcentre.in/cozaar/when-does-the-patent-expire-on-cozaar]capsule cialis[/url] lasa drugs [url=http://webhealthcentre.in/promethazine/promethazine-w-dm-syrup-mor]promethazine w dm syrup mor[/url]
statistics about grade schools doing drugs http://webhealthcentre.in/health-magazine/louisiana-senior-health-insurance-program
[url=http://webhealthcentre.in/amoxil/amoxil-for-oral-suspension]victoria pharmacy canada[/url] clindamycin drug info [url=http://webhealthcentre.in/health-care/cascadia-behavioral-health-care]cascadia behavioral health care[/url] cialis levitra [url=http://webhealthcentre.in/triamcinolone/triamcinolone-acetonide-for-hemorrhoids]triamcinolone acetonide for hemorrhoids[/url]