Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hamilton's College Football Preview 2

So after faaaar too long a hiatus, Hamilton's college football obsession continues, starting off with my predictions for champions of the important conferences...and the ACC I guess. They're in only because they get a BCS bid even though I think of them like I think of the MAC.

ACC Coastal: Virginia Tech
ACC Atlantic: Not Clemson, so Wake I guess?
ACC Champion: Not Clemson. The only thing I'm predicting in the ACC is that Clemson WILL NOT win the conference. I know, everyone else in the conference sucks. I can't come up with anyone else that has a chance either but its CLEMSON. They always choke! I'm predicting that they won't even win their DIVISION. They are the new Georgia Tech. Thats right Tommy, I just compared you to Chan Gailey. You've officially been SERVED.

Big 10: Ohio State (Big surprise - no one else is halfway decent)

Big 12 North: Missouri
Big 12 South: Oklahoma (sorry, Texas Tech, but you always choke see, e.g. Clemson)
Big 12 Champion: Missouri - the Tigers have to beat the Sooners eventually!

Big East: West Virginia. Pat White. Nuff said. Anyone who thinks Pitt is going to be great this year because they miraculously beat the Eers last year needs to remember that Stanford beat USC at home as well - and no one thinks the Cardinal are going to a bowl. And neither will the Wannstache.

Pac-10: USC *yawn* Should be a down year for the rest of the Pac 10 after major personnel loses at Oregon and Cal, not that Cal was exactly tearing it up last year (sorry Paine).

SEC East: Georgia
SEC West: Auburn
SEC Champion: Georgia - its the SEC, its a war of attrition, but I don't think they'll be undefeated.

No one cares that you're going to win the MWC, BYU. Maybe you should be less mormon and then other people might like you more (see, e.g. Mitt Romney).

No comments: