Last weekend was possibly the best weekend of football ever for Mountaineer fans. Not only did the Eers win, but hated rivals VT, Pitt, and Michigan all lost in horrible, embarrassing fashion. And I did excellent on my predicts - missing only 3 games (and really, who saw the UCLA win coming? That was BY FAR the best football game last week though). If its possible, this week will have even less interesting games. I have a couple of teams of "upset watch" but I'm not picking any surprises this week.
Georgia Tech at Boston College. Boston College. Wow, GT's offense looked a lot better than I thought it would last week, even if it was Jacksonville State. This one could get interesting. We'll have a much better idea where these teams are after this week.
Miami (OH) at Michigan. Michigan. OK, Michigan's offense actually looked better than I thought. But its still basically awful, just not Notre Dame awful. And their defense looked much, much worse than it should have. It should be a loooong year in Ann Arbor, but I still think they'll manage 1-1 before next week's pillow fight against the Irish.
(15) BYU at Washington. BYU. Whoa be the Huskies. I have defended Ty a lot, but I have a feeling this will be his last year in Seattle. No chance they beat the Cougars after last week's debacle at Oregon.
San Diego State at Notre Dame. Notre Dame. Um, SDS just lost to Cal Polytechnic. Even I can't pick against the Irish in this one.
Mississippi at (20) Wake. Wake. This is a MUST WIN for the ACC.
Cincinnati at (4) Oklahoma. Oklahoma. Can Cincy pull off the stunner for the Big East? Nope, I don't think so either.
Oregon State at (19) Penn State. Penn State. Seriously, the Beavers just lost to Stanford.
(8) WVU at East Carolina. WVU. Could be interesting (or cancelled) if Hurricane Hannah makes landfall in NC during this game. Can ECU pull off a second (actual) stunned after the big victory against VT? Nope. Rain would favor the ground game and WVU's offense is light years ahead of VT's complete lack of an offense.
Buffalo at Pitt. Buffalo. This could get interesting - Buffalo is much improved but can the Panthers really lay two consecutive eggs against MAC teams? Two words: Dave Wannestedt. That's what I thought too.
(18) South Florida at UCF. USF. Another team I have on upset watch, but I think the Bulls will pull it out. They usually save their choking for Big East play.
Miami at (5) Florida. Florida. Its kind of hard to believe that the Gators haven't beaten the Canes since 1984. They shouldn't have any problem getting payback this time around.
Stanford at (14) Arizona State. Arizona State. Its still Stanford.
Pillow fight of the Week:
Akron at Syracuse. Akron. Akron lost by one more point to WISCONSIN than the Orange lost to Northwestern. Let the GRob deathwatch continue!!
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment