Thanks for the sympathy Paine, but I'm not crushed because I'm wasn't shocked by the loss. I was not exactly pleased with us hiring a coach with Sarah Palin-level myself (Let this be a warning to you, voters of America!) and now I can see that I was right. Fortunately, we might win a few games since I'm pretty sure ECU would probably win the Big East this year. And as for rankings, I'm also pleased to see that Cal is back in the top 25. I definitely underestimated them this week. I was shocked that WVU was ranked at all. They certainly aren't on my ballot. Predictions are back because WVU (thank god) has a bye. Anyway, I'll start with my picks for the games Paine highlighted. Other than Duke, because I don't care.
(5) Ohio State at (1) USC. USC. This might be a little closer than Paine thinks, but I don't think the Bucks will ever have a chance. They struggled at home against OHIO, I give them no chance to knock off the best looking Trojan team I've seen since Reggie Bush in the Coliesium.
(10) Wisconsin at (21) Fresno State. Fresno State. I had picked Wisconsin until I saw this game was in Fresno. Go Bulldogs.
(13) Kansas at (19) South Florida. South Florida. Definitely disagree with Paine here. This is exactly the kind of game the Bulls usually win - and then they will lose to 4 crappy Big East teams later in the season.
UCLA at (18) BYU. BYU. A tough call considering no one should ever almost lose to Washington...still, I don't think much of UCLA this year.
(23) Cal at Maryland. Cal. Well, duh.
North Carolina at Rutgers. North Carolina. In the Big East-ACC bottom feeder conference showdown, I think they will go 1-1.
Virginia at UConn. UConn. See above.
Georgia Tech at Virginia Tech. Georgia Tech. I think this is going to be a much better year for the Ramblin Wreak than most of us imagined.
Pillowfight of Week:
Michigan at Notre Dame. Go Irish! And the battle of offensive ineptitude for all time commences! Here we have teams that just this week barely beat Miami Ohio and San Diego State. For the first time EVER I'll be cheering for the Irish. Score prediction? 3-2.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
3-2? C'mon, let's hear it for a 2-0 final score. And cheering for the Irish? Yikes. I'm anti-Rich Rod too, but I still can't pull for the Irish. Well, maybe if they played the McCain and Palin families - but short of that I can't. This will be the only time this season I'm pro-Michigan.
This is one of those games in which I could only truly be happy if a meteor impacted center field during the kick-off. In some ways its win-win, because one team I hate will lose, but in the same way its lose-lose, because some team I hate will win.
Basically, let's just cheer for complete ineptitude!
Absolutely! I can get behind cheering for that.
Post a Comment