Wednesday, March 26, 2008

November worried me for a second

New polls (I would include a link but pick your news outlet of choice, I prefer CNN and RCP) show both Hillary and Obama in trouble with McCain. Losing in fact. However, upon further review, this fact does not bother me in the least. Here is why Democrats can breathe easy.

Right now 28% of Clinton supporters and 18% of Obama supporters say they will vote for McCain over the other. HA. Yeah right. I am sure these people earnestly feel this way right now. I promise you this number falls too almost nothing come November. Once everyone makes nice and the loser begs their supporters to aid the winner they will come home to the party. McCain is a lot more conservative than many people realize at the moment. The Democrats are FAR closer to each other than McCain. I don't believe for a moment Democrats will take a chance on 4 more years of Bush over one of their own.

Polls that show McCain leading have over 10% of people undecided. These undecided are probably Obama or Clinton supporters still unsure they will come home in November. Furthermore, even those that aren't are unlikely to go to McCain. Republicans ran this country into the ground, and the public knows it. Republicans didn't get trounced in '06 and aren't expected to get trounced in the House and the Senate in '08 b\c people like the Republican brand name. When the undecided make their choice they will not pick the conservative Republican over the D. Not a chance in the world. Sorry McCain, but enjoy it while you can, it won't last through September, let alone into November.

Madison

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can't wait til McCain takes a shit all over Obama in the general