Does this actually vindicate Pelosi's claim of the CIA lying to Congress? Panetta testified the CIA did mislead Congress. Incredible. I thought she was retarded for saying so earlier, and it was still dumb politically. At least it turned out to be true. I wonder if Republicans will apologize for attacking her as they did (pause for laughter from all.....OK I can continue). I still think Pelosi is a terrible house leader and she makes me cringe on a regular basis. Nonetheless, I do think she is vindicated by this news and that it is time for a full blown investigation into what the CIA has told Congress, what they didn't, and how close to the truth they were...with those falling too far from reality finding themselves on the wrong side of a criminal prosecution.
We cannot allow our intelligence agenices to be cavalier with the truth...or else we get things like the Iraq war. I do think we can't necessarily prosecute those following their bosses orders. The spy game obviously requires a certain amount of shading of the truth so a guy following orders ought to be protected unless it is just outrageously obvious its illegal. Someone should be held accountable, I nominate whoever decided to lie and mislead Congress. Put him behind bars, or better yet, ask him for the few trillion dollars we spent in Iraq.
Madison
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment