Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Gonzales should stay

You know what, I've decided Bush should keep Alberto Gonzales as his Attorney General, I mean why not? His poll numbers are in the toilet, and nothing is going to bring them back up. After 6 years of unconstrained arrogance there are so many scandals the Democrats could run with a different one every day of the week and still not run out by the time he left office. Bush has no political capital left whatsoever. He can look forward to having every proposal he makes laughed at by the Congress. So the question becomes, what does he get for firing Gonzales?

The answer is......nothing. He has shown a disdain for competence, so no need to replace him on those grounds. He's one of his buddies, so it would be personally uncomfortable to can one of his pals from Texas. All those things I said in the first paragraph, they're certainly not going anywhere just because he corrected one of his mistakes. Corrected, HA, like the replacement wouldn't be just as bad if not worse. I say its time to just acknowledge that Gonzales isn't going anywhere because Bush has absolutely no incentive to fire him. I mean you could say its the "right thing to do" but when has that ever entered the conversation of this administration....except perhaps as a punch line.

Madison

No comments: