Who makes up that ridiculous 22% of people ? In case you are wondering what I am talking about, because even after a first glance at the article what I'm saying doesn't make sense, let me explain. The article concludes with polling data that says 79% want gays to be allowed to serve openly in the military but only 57% oppose don't ask don't tell. HUH?
I could go on a rant about this, but I think I've pretty much said it all w\ 22% of people disagree with don't ask don't tell and want it changed but claim they don't oppose the policy itself. I believe these same people thought Bush shouldn't be President but didn't oppose his reelection and want the troops out of Iraq but don't oppose Bush's policy of a troop surge. I'd say at least they get it right with regards to wanting gays to be allowed to serve openly in the military, but being that they don't oppose don't ask don't tell that poll answer is nothing more than lip service (most likely) b\c they won't vote, donate or lobby in anyway for the change of the policy.
Well, maybe Hillary will get elected and this will just be 1 of many things we don't have to worry about anymore.
Madison
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment