As crazy as this season has been, looking at the BCS conference results, it really hasn't been. Not a single one of the "upstart" programs even won their division, the winners are all traditional powers. Let's look back at my conference championship predictions and see how they compare to the actual results:
Predicted Champion, ACC:
ACC Coastal: Virginia Tech
ACC Atlantic: BC (et al)
ACC: VT
Actual Champion, ACC:
ACC Coastal: Virginia Tech
ACC Atlantic: BC
ACC: VT
Predicted Champion, Big 10: Wisconsin
Actual Champion, Big 10: Ohio State. Ok, I was off on this one, but I did accurately predict that OSU would beat Michigan. And its hardly bizarre to see the Buckeyes winning the Big 10.
Predicted Champion, Big 12:
Big 12 North: Nebraska (runner-up Mizzou)
Big 12 South: Texas
Big 12: Texas
Actual Champion, Big 12:
Big 12 North: Missouri
Big 12 South: Oklahoma
Big 12: Oklahoma. No surprise here, they have won six this decade.
Predicted Champion, Big East: WVU
Actual Champion, Big East: WVU. They are dead to me right now.
Predicted Champion, Pac 10: USC
Actual Champion, Pac 10: USC
Predicted Champion, SEC:
SEC East: Toss-up
SEC West: LSU
SEC: LSU
Actual Champion, SEC:
SEC East: Tennessee
SEC West: LSU
SEC: LSU
So other than my total mess-up on the Big 12, I got it pretty close, for all the "craziness."
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Any sense of your cumulative weekly record picking games?
Oh, it was getting so bad I stopped keeping track. I think I missed Hawaii and Kansas every week. I'd probably put it somewhere around .500, but it could be worse. I doubt its better. Fortunately most of the upsets were so bad that I didn't even bother picking the games at all, like Stanford over USC.
Post a Comment