Ding ding ding ding ding!
I think this might be the first time since I began following politics in about 1998 that I've been surprised by some government action in a good way; it seems so often that things turn out stupidly, and where stupid isn't available it's been straight up retarded instead. Senator Dodd threatened to filibuster on the Senate floor, and even though Douchebag Majority Leader Harry Reid had 76 anticonstitutionalists lined up (16 more than are required for ending debate), he decided to table the bill until January. Dodd has said that he'll filibuster again when the bill comes back up early next year. Needless to say, this is a great victory for the US of A and everyone in it.
So thanks, Senator, and not just about succeeding in this filibuster. Thanks for showing me that sometimes government actually can get things right. I'm not quite as jaded today as I was a day and a half ago, and that's pretty big news for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment