Wednesday, June 3, 2009

CCotD: Sotomayor rundown

I was so hoping that we'd be hearing from wingnutopia on Judge Sotomayor's nomination to the Supreme Court and they didn't disappoint with four emails already this morning. And of course none of these people understand that the Senate, not the House, confirm appointments.

And away we go on our magic carpet ride to the sanitarium:

E-mail 1: Sent in the classic font "Papyrus" but tragically Blogger wouldn't accept that.

I know you are a Democrat, but Sonia Sotomayor, is a Equal Opportunity poster child and you know it. She has got to where she is via race and gender protocols; and her record proves that she will continue to rule on those grounds. Her appointment will not fair well for [West Carolina], nor you, if you think carefully about it. Think of gun ownership rulings, etc…


[West Carolina] may be filled with teacher’s union members, et. al., and Sotomayor will certainly fend for them on the bench, but there are far better appointees that can serve your Democratic constituents without alienating the Conservatives so blatantly. Please don’t follow the flow of this current Democratic monopoly and confirm her for personal political gain.


Blessings,

E-mail 2:
It doesn't matter what I think. It's one more brick in the socialist wall that will be our prison one day. Where are you freedom loving Republicans and Democrates[sic]? Is this not America, the home of the free and the brave?
We'll be the home of the managed and coddled. Thanks. Can't wait to vote against you all and continue the call for term limits all around.
E-mail 3:
I believe that this LATINO WOMAN is the worst possible choice for a Justice.Her predjudice toward whites and men are unsettling to say the least.She should be American 1st and LATINO 2nd. and I do not believe she is.Many people in this country grow up disadvantaged and they do not take her slant on life,many whites shared her hardships,who are they to blame for it?
Newsflash: a "LATINO WOMAN" is actually properly referred to as a "Latina"

E-mail 4:
My question is should she be appointed because of her storybook life and the fact that she is a woman and of Hispanic decent or because she will adhear to the strict intrepretation of the Constitution of the United States?

In my opinion and that of others that I talk to, we agree that it should be on the appointees ability to make decisions based on an unbiased intrepretation of the Constitution. The main picture of the Lady of Justice is that she is holding a scale with a blindfold over her eyes.
Justice only looks at the facts and interprets the facts according to the law. Personal feelings should not be considered regarding a Supreme Court Judges opinions.

One other quick point! She may be decendent of a Hispanic but she is an American. That should be the overiding factor in her story. I am really tired as our the majority of my friends and acquaintances regarding parents, grandparents, greaat grandparents, etc. nationalities. If you were born here, you are an American and should consider yourself as such.
The majority of Americans families originated in a foreign country but the majority of us consider ourselves Americans! My family has Irish, German, English and French in our background but I am an AMERICAN!

Vote no on Sonia Sotomayor.
Well at least no one called her "Maria" like Huckabee. I'm hoping that crazier ones follow.

No comments: