Thursday, June 25, 2009

I declare victory, Thomas sucks and all must admit it

Clarence Thomas thinks middle schools should be able to strip search 13 year old girls for prescription strength ibuprofen. I win. Thats it, anyone (and they are few) who thinks Thomas isn't the worst Justice ever must now admit defeat and refuse to defend him any longer. Thomas claims this ruling grants "sweeping authority" to "second guess the measures" taken by schools to protect students. C'MON. This isn't sweeping. This is don't make 13 year old girls take their clothes off because you think they might have decent headache medicine. If it were crack cocaine or heroin I'd say too far, the pat down is enough, but at least then I'd get it. A gun, OK, pat down but, again, guns are bad for 13 year olds to have so at least now I'm not outraged. But ADVIL????? Nope, too far. Sorry, you lose, game over. Let me be the first (well, first I've heard of recently anyway) to call for Thomas' impeachment for gross incompetence. This decision is enough for me. If you think this is OK you do not believe in civil liberties at all, or even privacy of one's own body, of a child's body no less, and you cannot wear the black robes any longer except to play dressup.

Madison

No comments: