Wednesday, April 22, 2009

CCotD: Hate Crimes Week continues

Well I guess its just going to be Hate Crimes week here at Fed-10, but as I'm sure you have noticed, all the insanity comes in waves (although I'm sure an anti-ACORN wave will return again soon. I mean, they are the biggest evil in America after all). So here are two of the best emails of the day. E-mail 1, with formatting preserved for full effect:

Congressman:

I'd like to take the opportunity to urge you to vote AGAINST the "Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes of 2009" (H.R. 1913). The Bible strictly says that marriage should be between one man and one woman. God's word should be more powerful than that of ANY earthly man. To allow this to become law would be an infringement upon the First Amendment Rights of ALL American citizens.

Are moral values no longer needed in America? The passing of this law would make this appear to be true. I appreciate your moral consideration of this request.

Thank you.

"Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord."

My question is, since when is trying to prevent the killing of random people because of unmotivated hate not a "moral value?" Oh wait, I'm sure according to the all-powerful word of her god, gays should be killed, so I guess anything stopping that would be "immoral." But of course, the best thing about this is the giant red quote at the end.

E-mail 2:

Dear Sir,
I have in the past sent you numerous emails about important issues facing American families but this I believe is the most important I will send. Please do not vote in favor of this Hate Crime legislation. Sir, I am a Godly woman, love my family, friends, never even had a speeding ticket!
But because of my personal belief in Christ and that homosexuality in my religion is wrong, then I would be prosecuted for speaking on behalf of my religion if this bill were passed.
Again, unless you are screaming "die fag die" while kicking someone to death, your speech is really not going to be affected by this.

There are many who hate homosexuals as there are just as many homosexuals who hate people like me, Christians.
Thank you for just admitting that your opposition to this bill is based on your personal hatred instead of making up other reasons, I actually kind of respect that. But guess what, if gays beat you up because they hate you as a Christian, that would be considered a hate crime under current law, which already protects religious affiliation.

They are the extremists, and I do not share their beliefs. I am following the word of my God and would do so in love. The government is being manipulated by 2% of the persons of this country.
Um, yeah sure. The last poll on this (in (in 2007) showed that 68% of Americans favored the bill, including 63% of evangelical Christians.

They are getting special treatment and if not then they sue. Why am I not protected as well? Some homosexuals are hateful towards Christians but why would their actions toward me not be considered a hate crime as well?
Again, see above.

You know I am speaking the truth but you and so many in our governemt are afraid to speak out or have been convinced that silencing Christians and supporting the homosexual agenda is the best thing for this country. Please do not follow these radicals into making this hate crime bill a reality. I am very afraid and who is there as far as MY elected government to protect my freedom.

1 comment:

Madison said...

Shes got you man, straight white Christians have never been represented by the US government on any level ever. I should know, after all I am a straight white christian man. My oppression is killing me, its terrible. I don't know if I can take it one more minute.