Excuse me Republicans, but you are not permitted to herald France for anything. Oh party of the freedom fry, how dare you now hold up France as this amazing country who solved the problem of global warming by using nuclear energy. I don't know why this move surprises me. Hypocrisy has run rampant for quite sometime amongst the GOP politicians. This is pretty ridiculous though. It just so happens France supports their current position, so suddenly they are poster boys for a good country. It seems stunning, but it shouldn't be. This is exactly the sort of flip-flopping inconsistent position for which modern Republicans have become infamous. I long for the days of the Barry Goldwater GOP. I liked that GOP. They stood for something other than getting to power at any costs. I actually agreed with them on a large number of issues and would have voted for many of those Republicans. Unfortunately, I fear they are long gone and will not be around for a long time.
Madison
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment