Yeah, that's right. Remember the former professor of constitutional law, the man who promised to reign in the ridiculous and ridiculously damaging theories of executive power practiced by the Bush Administration? Well as president, he and his administration are claiming that in the case about, you know, whether citizens can have any redress where telecom companies illegally spied on them at the unconstitutional request of a wild-eyed fuckin batshit crazy president, in that case, the court should give summary judgment to the government because the issues in the case are state secrets.
This guy can just go fuck himself. Like, what, Barack Obama? This is a case about whether the fourth amendment means fucking anything, and you're claiming state secrets on it like you were Bush III? You would have failed your own conlaw class.
Disingenuous pos. I don't know why I'm surprised, or even really whether I'm surprised in the first place. I guess I'm not, now that I think about it. Obama needs to e.a.d., but you know who really really need to e.a.d. are Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and the rest of the Democratic leadership who didn't allow for or didn't force major and serious investigatory and punitive action against the former president for his incredible abuses of power. I said at the time that those douchebags were sending the message that it's ok for a president to be an unaccountable 4-year dictator and that we shouldn't be surprised if the next president, even a Democratic one, continues the same corrupt and abusive bullshit. Welp, here we are, with that exact scenario coming to pass.
I like some of the political things Obama has done so far. Heck, I like most of them. But if I'm looking at whether a building is good, am I gonna just look at its decor and carpet or whatever, or am I gonna look at what's frickin holding it up? Yeah, it's nice that some of his politics align with mine, but holy hell, if this is how he's gonna be on the constitution, I'd prefer he just eat dicks the rest of his term and lose in the primaries to some new Democrat in 2012.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment