Let's start with the AmeriCorps - Brownshirt connection and the evil that is HR 1388, the GIVE Act. A sample from my two telephone convos about this:
CALLER 1:
Caller 1: "I cannot believe your boss voted for this! Do you even know about the historical parallels between the so-called GIVE Act also known as Public Allies and Hitler's Brownshirts?"
Me: "Ma'am, thats completely ridiculous. The GIVE Act is about encouraging volunteerism."
Caller 1: "I've done the research. I wouldn't be calling unless I was 100% sure of what I am talking about! Just read the bill and look at history! You need to do research. Search for Public Allies!"
Me: "Maybe you should try some different sources. You allegations are completely ridiculous." *click*
In case anyone is interested, I did google Public Allies. This scandalous organization "identifies talented young adults from diverse backgrounds and prepares them for careers working for community and social change. Allies serve 10-month, paid apprenticeships at local nonprofits and participate in a rigorous and rewarding leadership development program with a diverse group of peers who are also of and working within their home community."
Sounds just like Nazis to me.
CALLER 2:
Caller 2: "I urge you to oppose the so-called GIVE Act because it violates the 13th Amendment!"
Me: "Ma'am, this is bill is about encouraging volunteerism. What does that possibly have to do with slavery?"
Caller 2: "Its shockingly parallel to the raise of Hitler's brownshirts!"
Me: "Are you opposed to public service ma'am?"
Caller 2: "I'm not against public service, but I am against this bill! Obama is nothing more than a dicator and this bill is forcing people into his personal army just like a draft! Its all a part of his Socialist takeover of America! Just like Hitler and Nazi Germany!"
Me: "Ma'am thats offensive to all the people who suffered and died by the Nazis for you to even compare the two. Have a nice day."
Well, I didn't know it was possible, but apparently we have finally found an organization more evil than ACORN. AmeriCorps, J'accuse!
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You should point out to people that draft = involuntary and volunteer = voluntary, making the 2 programs actually diametrically opposite. Not to mention that too is the key difference between our country and socialism and fascism, choice versus no choice. These things seem obvious...but obviously some people need it spelled out a little more clearly.
Post a Comment