With that in mind, I now present a new daily feature, "Constituent Communication of the Day" where I will share something I heard from a real live American citizen from either an e-mail, phone call, letter, or fax. All geographical and biographical information will be edited out to address Madison's "concerns" (and protect my job).
And now on to the main event! Today we received the following in an e-mail. Remember that while reading it. This was in an E-MAIL to the very e-mail address that she claims does not exist.
Two PointsWow.
1. The AIG bonuses are an insult to American taxpayers. Do something!
2. You don't have your e-mail address listed on your web page. List it!
It is unconscionable for a representative from a poor state like [ours] to force his constituents to pay to contact him. Anyone with a library card can use a public library computer and a web mail account to contact you for free.
You make [our state's residents] look backwards when you don't use e-mail.
[The Senator] has e-mail and advertises it.
You have five offices listed on your Congressional web page. Surely someone in one of those five offices can use a computer and an e-mail program. If not, fire someone and hire someone who can.
3. I can pay to contact you, so this is not the only message I will be sending you. I will also be watching to see what happens. And if you don't start accepting e-mail, I will work to defeat you in the next election. Any kind of republican is better than an indifferent democrat.
UPDATE BONUS:
Today's second e-mail of joy wrote in regards to HR 1388, which would provide for expansion of AmeriCorps and other youth service organizations.
I am involved with several conservative political groups and we are extremely concerned with the vote on HR 1388. We view this bill as very concerning because it is in line with the organizational aspects of Sal Alinsky and not America. We view this as being to much of a resemblance to Hitler youth.The Socialistic policies that our government is supporting are not accepted by the American people and the voices of the American people are being ignored. We urge you not to support this bill because we feel it is dangerous to our society.
Yes, because community service is just what the Nazis were all about.
UPDATE 2:
OMG, on the same HR 1388:
I vehemountly oppose HR 1388, which sounds more like German Concentration Camps. It is Unconstitutional!
2 comments:
It amuses me just how often people who cry something is unconstitutional actually have no idea what the Constitution says. I think we need a new law (yes, this will be unconstitutional) that prohibits someone from claiming something is unconstitutional unless they can name at least 8 of the first 10 Amendments (with appropriate number) and any 2 other Amendments (again, with relevant number). I realize this doesn't mean they will have a clue what the Amendments or the Constitution actually require, but at least they will have put SOME sort of inquiry into it. That and at least 1 relevant clause. Like the Commerce clause. Just cause I'm a nice guy I'll even let the slackers get away with merely identifying the protected right not use the actual language. Except the 2nd Amendment, you must know the exact language of the 2nd Amendment...just so people know about that militia clause. I'm not saying I'm anti-gun, just that if you want to support something you NEED to know what you are talking about.
I'm going to have to post next time one of the gun nuts calls and let them respond to your well-reasoned point Madison. I'm sure it will involve their pressing need to overthrow our democratically-elected government in order to protect the Constitution. I shit you not, they say it all the time.
Post a Comment