Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Grassley to AIG execs: Kill yourselves

I certainly understand and agree with the outrage over the ridiculous AIG bonuses, but I certainly wouldn't go as far as Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley, who apparently would like to see the AIG execs commit harikari.
"Obviously, maybe they ought to be removed," said Sen. Charles Grassley during an Iowa City radio interview on Monday. "But I would suggest the first thing that would make me feel a little bit better toward them if they'd follow the Japanese example and come before the American people and take that deep bow and say, I'm sorry, and then either do one of two things: resign or go commit suicide."
Well, Senator, I'm sure that fits right in there with your party's whole "culture of life" thing. But what I wonder is, if the appropriate response to epic failure is ritual suicide - or at least resignation, whyhaven't you resigned yourself - and encouraged the rest of the Republicans in Congress to do the same - considering how epically you all have failed the American people over the last decade?

No comments: