Monday, September 17, 2007

Big East second best?

How things have changed. From the ESPN Gameday Crew:

We always talk about which conference is the best, and there's no doubt the Pac-10 and Big East at least deserve to be in the discussion. But after taking quite a few lumps Saturday -- Louisville and UCLA come to mind -- it's very clear those two are among the conferences that are simply battling for second behind the SEC, which from top to bottom is still the toughest around.


From the same people that said the Big East should lose its automatic BCS berth less than 2 years ago.

2 comments:

Paine said...

The Pac-10 still has USC at #1, Cal at #6, and Oregon at #13, not to mention Arizona State, UCLA, and Washington just a big win away from breaking back into the rankings. Sigh... UCLA and Washington, you guys let me down.

Hamilton said...

Oh, I don't think the Big East is really #2 - I have to agree that the Pac-10 is. I will gladly take #3 for a league with only 8 teams.