This is hopefully the first of a long string of successful predictions with regards to the NFL. For full disclosure I am a huge Giants fan, so take my picks in those games with a grain of salt.
MIA @ NYJ: Easy win for the Jets. They've looked pretty good for 2 weeks, the backup QB isn't half bad even if Chad doesn't play and MIA sucks. Jets by double digits.
SD @ GB = GB is exposed as the weak team they are. They beat up on the somewhat hapless Eagles and horrific NYG D. SD may have struggled against the Pats, but its the Pats. SD by 14+
SF @ PIT: Tough call but I'm going to go with San Fran. The 49ers had a rough start in week 1 but managed to pull out the win nonetheless. Alex Smith hasn't looked fantastic, but I think he and Gore get it together for a close win in PA to move to 3-0. SF by 3
BUF @ NE: NE wins. Do I really need to explain this? Pats, at home v. Buffalo. Pats by lots
MIN @ KC: I think KC finally gets its offense to click at home v. a less than impressive Vikings squad. LJ and Gonzales won't be shut down forever KC by 7
DET @ PHI: UGH. Who knows, but it will be ugly. I don't care that Detroit is 2-0, they beat 2 bad teams and I still think they suck. In the end though, Philly is worse and McNabb starts to draw boos from those oh so nice Philly fans. Detroit by 4
STL @ TB: Gotta go with TB here. They looked pretty good last week and are at home. Plus, STL has underwhelmed in 2 losses to say the least. TB by 3
ARI @ BAL: Baltimore walks away with this one. Ravens have looked solid on O even with Boller and their D is a typically impressive Baltimore D. Ravens by 10+
IND @ HOU: IND by 14 at least (no explanation required 2-0 or not Colts devastate Texans)
JAC @ DEN: I'll go with the Broncos but only b\c they are at home. Both teams look like solid teams, not Super Bowl contenders or anything but playoff contenders. Denver squeaks out a third win by 3
CLE @ OAK: Oakland is terrible. CLE by 10
CIN @ SEA: Bengals take this one. Sorry Seahawks fans, but they just don't impress me this year. I was down on Shaun Alexander before the season and have yet to be converted. CIN by 7
CAR @ ATL: Giving the nod to the Panthers in this one. Falcons O is poor and Steve Smith is awesome. CAR by 7
NYG @ WAS: NYG finally picks up a win. They won't run away with this one, but the Redskins O doesn't blow me away, which is good b\c everyone blows away the Giants D. Eli has been looking real good and I think he takes another step forward against a less than impressive Redskins bunch finally putting up a W. NYG by 3
DAL @ CHI: Bears beat a solid but not really all that great Cowboys team. The Cowboys D is OK, but not great. They're O is above average but gets owned by the once again awe inspiring Bears D. CHI by 7
TEN @ NO: Saints get on track with Brees finally not sucking (you hear that Brees you're killing my fantasy team). Seriously though, the Titans are improving and look much better than last year, but the Saints return to last years form winning by 7
Madison
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment