Sunday, November 11, 2007

BCS Weirdness

In a truly bizarre mathematical curiosity, USC is ranked #11 in the BCS despite the fact that they are ranked 13th in the Harris Poll, the Coaches' Poll and by the computers.

Weirdness or more evidence of the Trojans unholy pact with Satan?

5 comments:

Paine said...

And Michigan is still ranked?? Come on, people!

Hamilton said...

Come on now Paine, Michigan has beat some high quality teams like ... um ... Purdue ... and ... uh... Eastern Michigan.

Why wouldn't we want them ranked.

Paine said...

If Michigan is ranked, I think Cal should be ranked, and I'm not even joking about that.

1) Cal has been ranked higher than Michigan has this season

2) Cal has lost to better teams than Michigan has this season

3) Cal has beaten better teams than Michigan has this season

4) Michigan's best win was an escape from Penn State (whoa, PSU!) where Penn State randomly fumbled in both red zones for a 14 point swing; Cal's best wins were a killing of Tennessee and a win against now-#2 Oregon.

Do I think either team should be ranked? Negative. But if one of them is to be ranked, I'll tell you this: it should not be Michigan.

Hamilton said...

I completely agree. I am also shocked that UConn is not ranked. Are they a top 15. Negative. But they are definitely in the 20-25 range. UVA is 14th with losses in Wyoming and NC State. UConn is unranked with losses to UVA and Cincinnati.

Hamilton said...

Ok Paine, I think we need to call those throwback uniforms that Cal just wore the REALLY uglies.