So I was pondering the War on Christmas yesterday when I saw a sign on a business that read "Feliz Navidad." I wondered to myself, would such a sign be acceptable to the rightwing nutjobs? I mean, on the one hand, its expressing good Christian Christmas cheer. But on the other hand, its evidence of the fact that brown Spanish speakers are taking over our country (or at least suburban Maryland).
So I put this question to you, loyal readers three (and any Bill O loving nutsos that might happen upon this), is Feliz Navidad an acceptable conservative message or more evidence of the liberal, pluralist plot against America? What Would Jesus Do?
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good question. My sense is that they see brown people wading across the Rio Grande to steal their jobs, SUVs and daughters as a much more immediate and tangible threat than the possibility that Hillary Clinton is going to shut down churches and put 666 on the nation's currency. I think they have more faith in their ability to hold on and defeat Hillary, corporate America, civil libertarians, Santa and the other satanic anti-"Merry Christmas" forces. So since I think they see the Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, etc. as a bigger immediate threat my guess is that Feliz Navidad isn't acceptable. After all, English was good enough for the baby Jesus. Right? ;)
As "conservative nutso" I have no problem with Feliz Navidad. In fact, it is one of my favorite Christmas songs.
Post a Comment