Thursday, November 15, 2007

NCAA Week 12: Last Week of the season, according to the Big 10

(16) Hawaii at Nevada. Nevada. Everything points to the Wolf Pack. Hawaii is playing on the mainland (where they always struggle) less than a week after its last game, while Nevada last played on Nov. 2. The Warriors have never beaten the Wolf Pack in their three previous games at Mackay Stadium. And Colt Brennan is expected to be a game-time decision after suffering a mild concussion due to a vicious hit in a 37-30 victory over Fresno State last Saturday in Honolulu.

(4) Oklahoma at Texas Tech. Oklahoma. Texas Tech never shows up for the big games.

(7) Ohio State at Michigan (Fed-10 does not accept that Michigan is a ranked team). At least the Big 10 ends early so that America doesn't have to suffer through the horrible play of this conference any longer. I could give a damn who wins this game. I just know one thing, my prediction at the beginning of the year that Michigan would win the Big 10 but lose to OSU cannot happen.

(23) Kentucky at (9) Georgia. Georgia. Georgia is rolling and Kentucky is reeling.

Miami at (10) Virginia Tech. VT. Oh, Big East traitors, how I hate you. This is the quitessential "please let a meteor hit the stadium" game for me. It shouldn't be close. This is the Miami that just lost 48-0 at home to UVA.

(17) Boston College at (15) Clemson. Clemson. BC seems to be going the way of Cal - totally imploding after reaching number 2.

UNC at Georgia Tech. UNC. So, GT is only two games away from the Ghan Gailey Equilibrium and they are heavily favored in one and a heavy underdog in the other. So thats right America, you heard it here. GT will lose to UNC and beat Georgia to achieve 7-5.

Louisville at USF. USF. Can Louisville get bowl eligible this week? Me thinks no.

Miss State at Arkansas. Miss State. Arkansas is favored by 11 in this one? That shocks me. MSU has much better wins this year.

(6) WVU at (21) Cincinnati. WVU. The Eers better win this game, but if they play like they did against Louisville, they won't.

Pillowfight of the decade: Duke (1-9) at Notre Dame (1-9). Duke. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Well Weis, you told me that I better enoy it now, and oh boy howdy am I ever.

2 comments:

Scott said...

11 points? What's up with Vegas lately? They seem to be making more weird calls than usual. Your picks seem pretty on though. Kind of a dull weekend. I'm kind of worried about the Bearcats, but hey, the Notre Dame game promises to offer the country 3 hours of televised mocking of the school, and who won't enjoy that? Okay yeah, a few people, but I find it delightful.

Paine said...

I agree with all your picks except Hawaii at Nevada, in which I think Hawaii will run it up.

In other picks, I think Missouri should be on upset watch against Kansas State, and in a game I know only I care about, I think Cal will finally get its 7th win against Washington.


In separate news, I forgot to rant about how Wisconsin is ranked 25. People! This is a bad conference! Stop overrating these teams!!