Wednesday, November 21, 2007

NCAA Week 13: Penultimate (Regular Season) Edition

It's rivalry week! Except not for the Eers...

(11) USC at (6) Arizona St. USC. Just when you think the Trojans are down for the count, the Unholy Pact with Satan rears its head again. Its now very conceivable that USC could win the Pac 10 and go to the Rose Bowl after losing to Stanford at home. It would take a loss by the Dixon-less Oregon (see below) and a victory over the Sun Devils for USC to take on the Buckeyes in Pasadena.

Arkansas at (1) LSU. Arkansas. I'm hoping I can get Arkansas to win this one by sheer will alone. Or that a certain coach has his head in all things Ann Arbor.

(19) Boise State at (15) Hawaii. Boise State. Ok, so it took a last minute field goal to beat Nevada. There can't be any way these posers beat Boise State. Right? RIGHT? Please?

(4) Missouri at (2) Kansas. Mizzou. Let's see Kansas is number 2 (BAD BAD BAD this year) and I'm pretty sure that Mizzou has beaten more teams the rest of Kansas's "competition" combined, so my money is on the Tigers.

(20) UConn at (3) WVU. WVU. This one's for the Big East Championship. How many times do we think the Eers can fumble and still beat the Huskies?

(7) Georgia at Georgia Tech. Georgia. Well Georgia Tech, you ALMOST lost to UNC last week, which would have guarranteed victory over the hated Dawgs. But you didn't, so you have no shot in this one. Hello 7-5.

(8) Virginia Tech at (16) Virginia. Virginia Tech. Let's see, I've got my most hated rival versus the team that mocked WVU as hillbillies in the 2002 Continental Tire Bowl. I'll just hope for some Mutually Assured Destruction. Oh wait, the Cavs suck, I forgot.

(9) Oregon at UCLA. UCLA. I told you UCLA would win one of its last three. Oregon is a shell of its former self without Dixon. I'm beating the demoralized Ducks drop their last two. I think I predicted an Oregon implusion much earlier in this season if I recall...

Oklahoma State at (10) Oklahoma. Oklahoma State. I really want to pick the Sooners because I really want them to win the Big 12 Championship, but I just don't see it happening if their starting QB and starting RB are out.

Florida State at (12) Florida. Florida. Hope you enjoy the Car Care Bowl FSU.

Miami at (14) BC. BC. Well Miami, you didn't really want a trip to Boise in December anyway.

(18) Tennessee at Kentucky. Tennessee. Georgia really should thank the Vols for winning the SEC East. The Dawgs have a much better shot at a BCS invite without playing in the championship. FYI - with Notre Dame's loss to Navy, Tennessee's 22 game winning streak over the Wildcats is the longest in the NCAA.

(22) Clemson at South Carolina. South Carolina. And the season ending Clemson collapse continues!

(23) USF at Pitt. USF. Eat Shit Pitt.

Alabama at Auburn. Auburn. $4 million to lose to UL Monroe. I'm sure Bama would forgive everything for a win in the Iron Bowl. But its not happening.

Notre Dame at Stanford. Stanford. I'll be so sad to see this season of Notre Dame football end. Worst season in history doesn't come along all that often.

3 comments:

Scott said...

So is there a reason you think USC will beat Arizona State? Aside from a pact with Satan?

Right now the Kentucky/TN series features the longest winning/losing streak, right? Given the nature of the season I think that alone is almost reason enough to take Kentucky - though I'd still take the Wildcats regardless.

Other than that I like your picks. Well, except for you choosing a winner in Notre Dame/Stanford. I thick on principle they should both be declared losers. It seems wrong that a win over either of those teams counts as a win.

Anonymous said...

By convention, if Boise wins, that games is going under 74.5

Hamilton said...

Got to be honest, I have probably edited my picks for Tenn / Kentucky and OU / OSU about 5 times this week. I really think Kentucky can win it, but they have just been so bad lately. I guess we will see. As you know, I will definitely be cheering for the Sooners.