Monday, November 19, 2007

Japanese hunting humpback whales

In blatant violation of the long standing international whaling moratorium, the Japanese have dispatched a fleet of whaling boats to hunt 50 humpback whales. This is the first large scale hunt of the humpback, which were on the brink of extinction when the 1963 ban went into effect. The Japanese are calling it a "scientific whale hunt" saying it needs to kill the animals in order to conduct research on their reproductive and feeding patterns. Really, you need to KILL animals to study their BEHAVIORS. Bullshit.

There is small solace in the fact that Greenpeace is sending in a protest boat to disrupt the hunt. Screw that. I say we need to send in the Navy. This is a violation of International Law. I'd like to see these four boats take out flipper's big brother with the USS Enterprise breathing down their necks.

And haven't the Japanese seen Star Trek IV? I know they love SciFi. Don't they know that the other Enterprise needs these whales to save our species from eradication by the alien probe?

Screw you Japan. Sulu would be dishonored. I hope the probe takes you out first.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Okay I now play navy dork and break the stream of funny by pointing out that if you really wanted to send the Navy to stop that you'd send Kitty Hawk since she's based in Japan and Enterprise is busy in the Gulf ... but aside from that tiny point getting in the way of a nice comparison to the best Star Trek set in San Francisco ... well, nice post.