Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Apparently Iraq DID have WMD's

According to Fred Thompson Hussein DID have WMD's. He admits we didn't find them, but stands by the fact that Hussein clearly had them. Thompson doesn't stop there, oh no. The career insider who's a wanna be outsider claims that Hussein would have had nuclear weapons by now and cites the fact that Iran is on their way as evidence of this. Hussein also apparently would have been "the new dictator of that region" if we hadn't take him out.

Empirical evidence be damned. Who needs these so called "facts" to support their positions. Fred Thompson has platitudes and beat-up old trucks. I don't know why I'm surprised. This is a man who has spent his entire career inside the beltway and insists he isn't an insider. He's joke who is totally lacking in any substance whatsoever. This "savior" of the Republican party is as blind and out of touch as I thought he was. I have said it time and again and will say it again, Thompson is not a serious candidate who will fall from the top tier in a hurry who only got there at all because the other Republicans candidates are so pathetic. I become more and more convinced that there isn't a Republican in the race who can win the nomination and that whichever poor chap manages to be the best of the worst will simply get their butt handed to them in November.

Madison

No comments: