Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Paine's Take on NCAA Week 10

This is another time where I have more to talk about than can fit in the comments.

(1) Ohio State v (21) Wisconsin: Ohio State. This is more of an indictment of Wisconsin than a backing of OSU. Wisconsin is a bad team that should not be ranked, and OSU is a pretty good team that should not even be near the top 3 but should probably be in the top 10.

(2) Boston College v Florida State: Boston College. How easy is BC's schedule? FSU is probably the third best team they've faced all season. Ok? That is not good. FSU sucks, BC is a pretty good team, and BC should take this. I'm very much looking forward to BC's game against Maryland the week after this, since that's really the only good chance we have of not having BC in the championship.

(3) LSU v (17) Alabama: LSU. LSU is the best team in college football, bar none. Alabama is a good team and I like their offense, but LSU's defense is too good.

(4) Arizona State v (5) Oregon: Oregon Game of the week right here. Who would have thought the class of the Pac-10 would be playing this week and not next week when USC goes to Berkeley? But yeah, the best way to compare these teams is how they fared against their only significant common opponent, Cal. Oregon barely lost to a Cal team that was firing on every cylinder; ASU beat a Cal team that bears virtually no resemblance to the Berkeley team of earlier, in passing, running, defense, and even coaching. I like Oregon's performance more. I predict ASU falls out of the top 10, even though there's no way that should happen, I just have that little faith in the polling.

(12) Michigan v Michigan State. Michigan State. Michigan is not a good team, I refuse to believe it. MSU has played well and held it close in every game they've lost, Mike Hart might still be out, and this is the most important game on MSU's calendar. I would hate to see Michigan in the top 10. Come ooonn, Michigan State!

Rutgers at (13) UConn: Rutgers. I don't put any stock in Connecticut. I also don't think Rutgers is a great team, but for Connecticut to be 13th is retarded.

Oregon State v (19) USC: Oregon State. Yeah, that's right. USC has not looked good all season, even in some of its wins, and Oregon State has the super-annoying habit of being crappy usually and then playing awesomely when they need to. They knocked off USC last season and Cal earlier this season, and I think they'll do it again to USC here. Go Pac-10 parity!

Navy at Notre Dame: Navy. Yep. Sad to see one of the biggest streaks of domination ever die, but... nah, who am I kidding. Notre Dame sucks! Also, don't put Stanford down there with ND and Duke, they aren't that bad. The fourth-worst team in the Pac-10 could beat half of any other non-SEC conference.

California at Washington State. Cal! Yay! Maybe we can finally win a game! ...maybe.

No comments: