To step away from incredibly depressing things for a moment, my California Golden Bears are now the second-ranked team in all the land, after only LSU.
This is thanks to the Stanfurd Cardinal, my most hated of rivals, the team I wish nothing upon but the worst of losses, who upset #2 USC, my second-most hated rival but currently the more pressing in terms of the actual on-the-field rivalry. I'm a little embarrassed and/or weirded out to admit that, for the first and hopefully last time in my life, I rooted for those freakin Trees, and when they scored to take the lead with less than a minute, I'll admit I jumped up and screamed all over the place. May it never happen again.
But I'm gonna have to put Florida into the penalty box for giving their game against LSU away in the closing minutes. Had they beaten LSU, Cal would have been the unchallenged #1 team in the NCAA, which would have been barely survivable in terms of pure unadulterated awesomeness.
Cal still has a lot of tough games coming up; everyone in the Pac-10 can compete, even Stanfurd, but I'm worried about Arizona State and USC especially. If we survive those games, we're a lock to make it to the championship.
Knock on an entire forest of living magical dryad wood, of course.
Sunday, October 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Screw Cal, GO IRISH
dude, I am so transferring to UC Santa Cruz to be a Banana Slug
Post a Comment