Wednesday, October 24, 2007

TSA Wants Citizens to Get Permission to Fly

According to just some blog, by the way, so take it with a grain of salt.

I guess I haven't addressed this before on this blog, but I hate all sorts of things about traveling nowadays, from the indignities people are put through in airport security theater to the growing restrictions on our right to travel. If true, I think this in particular is an extremely frightening development. American citizens would need permission from the government to move within US borders? Are you kidding me? What, is this some giant Bantustan where I need to present my papers to leave my government-approved zone of inhabitance? Get outta here with that nonsense.

Can we just get to January 2009 already?

2 comments:

Hamilton said...

How is this possibly constitutional? Let me count the ways that its not or shouldn't be...

I always felt that the line was crossed between liberty and security when they told me I couldn't take shampoo and water on the plane. Taking my shoes off is annoying, but at least that doesn't affect me for the entire trip like having no toiletries does - especially since I rarely check my luggage.

Abigail Adams said...

And this, my friends, is why I drive everywhere. Makes getting to Europe difficult, but that's not a huge concern for me at the moment.

In other words, this is just ridiculous.