So this is officially the greatest season of college football ever, and basically proves why it is the greatest of the sports. The biggest upset in college football history THREE TIMES in one season? Specatular. I love it.
That said, listen Coach's Poll, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING? USC loses to Stanford. STANFORD! They are terrible. Its like losing to Duke or Syracuse. Trust me, I would take Appalachin State over Stanford almost any day. But the Trojans lose to the Trees at home, and ARE STILL RANKED 7TH. How the hell does that happen? I guess if you are USC and have won some national champions then you get a bye for losing to one of the worst teams in existance. Fortunately, I have a feeling more loses are coming.
This is a really uninteresting weekend. But I guess I will pick some games in the October Slump.
(21) Florida State at Wake. Wake. I'm still not sold on the noles.
(1) LSU at (17) Kentucky. LSU. Well UK, that stint in the top 25 was fun while it lasted. Basketball Season starts soon.
(4) Boston College at Notre Dame. BC. I really would like ND to win this game because in the hierarchy of teams I hate, no one is above the ACC Traitors (VT, BC, UM - may they all burn in hell). Unfortunately the universe does not love me enough to make that miracle happen. Maybe if ND injuries Matt Ryan like they injured Olson last week...
(11) Missouri at (6) Oklahoma. Oklahoma. One less undefeated team after this one.
Louisville at (15) Cincinnati. Cincinnati. The battle of former C-USA rivals. UL will be lucky to make a bowl this year and the Bearcats are this season's Rutgers.
(19) Wisconsin at Penn State. Penn State. The Badgers self destruction continues.
(22) Auburn at Arkansas. Auburn. And the Heismann candidacy of Darren McFadden continues to fade...
Colorado at Kansas State. Kansas State. HUGE battle in the Big 12 North. I like the Wildcats.
UConn at Virginia. UConn. The battle of two teams that have good records based on playing no one. Go Huskies!
Purdue at Michigan. Purdue. Is the Big Blue back to contend for the Big 10 title? I bet no.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I disagree with you on at least 3 of these, so it'll be interesting to see how things play out - but at the moment I'd rather comment on 2 bigger things.
You hate BC more than Notre Dame? I guess given where you are from I sort of see it. Yet I don't. It would be like hating some other baseball team more than the Yankees.
And why the fuck does the coaches poll still exist? It's a travesty. Does anyone on the planet really think that the coaches who vote on that really know all the other teams in enough detail to cast informed votes about them? I mean, as if. It just sets up situations like the one you note, were past glories and vague recollections shape the voting. That thing should be done away with.
To be honest I don't really care about any of the games this week, so I kind of just picked whoever I felt I like. If I had to guess which ones you disagree with, I'd say FSU, Arkansas, and Colorado. Maybe UConn, but when two teams this bad play, its hard to tell who will win.
But yes, those teams could easily win.
As for BC - ND, it really is a tough call. I have been going back and forth on this one, and as much as I really enjoy the ND implosion, I still have to cheer for them in this one because they are ranked above the Eers. But trust me, I will still be gleefully happy when they get killed. So really, this game is a win-win.
And yes, the coaches poll is stupid. But I don't even understand why we even look at the AP poll, since it is really meaningless. And they still kept USC at 10.
The 3 I had in mind at the time were UConn, Michigan/Purdue and Wisconsin/Penn St. (though yeah, I might like Colorado too).
yeah, those games could go the other way too. I just don't really know what to make of the "so-so" teams this year. So many teams have had multiple personality disorder this season.
So I was right about Michigan and Virginia winning, but wow, was I ever wrong about Wisconsin.
Post a Comment