So a bunch of top teams lost. Yawn. Any given week this season.
(2) Boston College at (8) Virginia Tech. VT. Two of my most hated rivals. The only way I can win in this game is if a meteor hits the stadium and takes them both out. I have a sick feeling that VT will jump WVU if they win this, so its totally going to be a wash. But being ranked # 2 this year is almost a guarantteed loss, so that's why I've made this pick. Fuck the Hokies and the Eagles.
(1) Ohio State at (25) Penn State. Penn State. Die Buckeyes Die. No one wants to see you get blow out in the National Championship again, so just take yourself out of it now.
(24) Cal at (4) Arizona State. Cal. Tedford has never lost three straight at Cal.
(12) USC at (5) Oregon. Oregon. An Oregon win would bring us one step closer to the Rose Bowl's worst nightmare - an Oregon-Michigan rematch.
(7) WVU at Rutgers. WVU. Who knew three weeks back when WVU lost to USF that we would be back to 6 in the polls and 7 in the BCS? Apparently WVU saved up all its defense from last year for this one. The Mountaineer D is the fourth best in the NCAA. That coupled with the fact that Pat White is playing this year = Mountaineer victory.
(9) Kansas at Texas A&M / Virginia at NC State. Kansas/Virginia. There comes a point every year where I am forced to finally admit that a traditionally crappy team is actually pretty good (see Forest, Wake 2006), so here you are Kansas and UVA, I'm finally picking you to win a game.
(10) USF at (23) UConn. USF. Dear UConn, I think you have a cute little program up there and I'm glad you're beating 1-AA competition like Maine, Pittsburgh, and Louisville, but if you want to join your colleagues above in getting my respect, you'll have to win this game. Until then, I still think you should wait for basketball season. Where you will lose to the Hoyas.
(16) USC-E at Tenn. Spurrier. When I saw that Vandy had beaten #6 South Carolina, I thought to myself, how is USC-E ranked #6? I'm starting to doubt the dominance of the SEC. Miss State, crushed by WVU, beat Auburn, who beat UF, who beat Kentucky, who beat LSU, etc. USF beat Auburn at home. Kentucky barely defeated a horrible Louisville team. A seemingly average Cal team crushed Tennessee. A bad Florida State team took out Alabama. Other than LSU's drubbing of VT (for which I will be forever grateful), the best non-con win by the SEC is Georgia over Oklahoma State. The non-conference wins just aren't there to justify putting SEC team over the elite teams of the other conferences.
(11) Florida at (18) Georgia. Florida. How is UGA still ranked 18? I haven't heard anything from them in weeks it seems.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I agree with all your predictions except for the ASU-Cal game, where I think Cal will lose. There were no positives two weeks ago for Cal and last week only DeSean Jackson was a bright spot for us; everything, including coaching, was bad. I don't see why that won't continue.
Well if not the SEC, then which conference is the strongest? I'm still inclined to think it's the SEC presuming you are comparing the bulk of the better teams (the top half or top 2/3rds) across each of the conferences.
I'm not saying that is not the strongest conference, top to bottom, I'm just saying that the best teams in the SEC are not better then best teams in the other conferences (than the ACC of course. And maybe probably the Big Ten).
Post a Comment