Sunday, April 15, 2007

5 Million Emails

The new revelation from the White House is that over 5 million emails have not been archived as required by the Presidential Records Act. My question is why? We have heard from Ms. Perino that they are trying to recover them, but no one has said why they weren't archived. Yes you did "screw up" Ms. Perino, but how? Was this an accident? Was this intentional? Was it a techinal error? I am willing to wait for you to find out exactly what went wrong, but I do want to know why the Presidential Records Act was so flagrantly violated. This act serves an important purpose, preventing Nixonesque 18.5 minute blank spots in tapes, or in this cases years of emails.

We have not even heard an excuse from the Bush administration, as far as I am aware, for this illegal activity. At this point it makes it very hard for me to believe that this was all accidental. The RNC email accounts were used to conduct official business, and now even White House emails aren't being archived. At some point the White House is just flat out violating the law, and I think we have reached this point.

Madison

No comments: