Monday, April 23, 2007

Democrats and Republicans unite, Bush still clueless

One issue has managed to unite Democrats and Republicans in this incredibly divided and partisan time. There is nothing else that they can agree upon, not the war, not social security, not healthcare, not gay marriage, not abortion, basically not anything...except that Attorney General Alberto Gonzales is incompetent and ineffective and should be fired. Calls from both sides of the aisle for his dismissal are loud and growing ever louder. About the best Gonzales gets, from his own Republicans colleagues, is I don't blame anyone else who calls for his resignation and think he is hurting the administration , but I will leave the decision to the President. In other words, I'd prefer not to put my butt on the line over this decision (see comments by the gutless Arlen Specter).

Despite Gonzales' ineptitude and embarassing testimony consisting of 60 "I cannot recalls" Bush still supports him. How is it that when the no one in Congress believes Gonzales is doing a good job Bush thinks hes just great? I don't know if Gonzales would get 10 votes were he up for confirmation today, even Republicans would be loathe to line up behind the President on this, and yet Bush doesn't get it. He can't pull his head out of the sand long enough to see how awful his Attorney General is. I'm sorry Mr. President, but it is time for Gonzales to go.

Madison

No comments: