Why didn't I think of this? A Nevada businessman has made $9 million dollars by selling plots of land on the moon.
"Mr Hope exploited a loophole in the 1967 UN Outer Space Treaty and he has been claiming ownership of the Earth's Moon - and seven planets and their moons - for more than 20 years."
Well I respect the pure ballsy-ness of this man, I am also horribly mad that I don't have 9 million dollars for selling something I don't even own. But clearly he deserves this money since he has found people stupid enough to pay him for a property right recognized by no government. I've got news for you from first year property people, property rights only exist if the state says they exist. Ask the communists - if the state says you don't own some then you don't own something and you have just given your money to a shyster.
So if anyone is interested in buying land on the ocean floor, I'll be starting sales at $20 an acre. Apparently I don't even need a flag...
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dude I want 1000 acres, if you can guarentee me rights to the NEODs on the ocean floor, I hear they're the next big thing.
Sure things. If you can go get them, they are yours.
Post a Comment